All 81 art Reviews

BenderUpgrades BenderUpgrades

Top notch! I would send this to Matt Groening himself! I don't know if he has a twitter account or not! Either way, great work!

Silverbullit responds:

I actually sent a couple of postcards (Adressed from Bender himself complaining aboot that lookalike that hijacked the show) but never really received any response so... *tried*
Who knows, pherhaps MG & the gang had a laugh we dunno aboot?!?

Thanks for the awesome feedback mate, means a lot! :))

Encounter Encounter

Overall I like it. I will say, I find the perspective on his front right paw kind of strange. Like, how its blocked, feels like it should be facing more toward the right (his left), as if he's putting it up to his face like, "ew whats that!", which is blatant possibly by its facial expression. But his claws seem to show otherwise due to their angle, as if they were crooked. Unless you were going for the creature backing away and maybe thats why the angle on his foot is weird. Also, I think your construction lines are showing!

I like the detail on the monster's face and the bright colors as well and how they were used.

4.5/5

Keep it up!

TheEvaluh responds:

i left the construction lines slightly opaque on purpose. It looked neat to me. Thanks for the review

Newgrounds in Metroidvania 2 Newgrounds in Metroidvania 2

Great job as always dude!

Sightings 1 Sightings 1

Great job! I like your use of color via a limited color palette. It really sets the tone I feel. I do have one critique of sorts and its the person. It just might be me (probably is) but when I look at it I feel as if its body is facing one way while the rest of them is facing the other way. I'm not 100% sure if they are supposed to be looking at the monster in the sky or away from it due to the angles of the arms, and his right(our left) leg and how its drawn looks, the part not in shadow looks like the back of someone. Anyway, other that that issue (maybe I'm an idiot), its overall great!

Can't wait to see more from you!

HappytoDraw responds:

Thanks for a great review/critisism. I see your point with the foreground figure and agree it's a little hard to read. I could have been more precise in painting the silhouette. Glad you like the picture

Logo Attempt Logo Attempt

its still practice regardless. you can only get better.

RealFaction responds:

Meh i guess. I was iffy on uploading it.

Steven Universe - The Second Gem War Steven Universe - The Second Gem War

I've never seen the show but I like what you've done. Nice line work, nice choice of colors, the overall atmosphere is very dire as well.

Great job!

As far as a minor critique since nothing is perfect, typically(lol), are the little spikey-balls in front of Steven, they don't look is as if they're round. The one on our left(his right) has one spike that should look like its facing toward the viewer more(the longer one above the shading of the ball angled toward Steven). Maybe its just me. Yes I know its something small and stuff.

Can't wait to see more from you!

(should i watch the show?)

ZeTrystan responds:

Well thanks you! I'm trying to draw more complex things, and I'm slowly getting used to it!

Haha, no problem about the critique, I completely agree. I didn't put a lot of efforts on those spiked balls (funny name, ohoh).

And YES, you should watch the show! It's amazing, emotional, and hurts the feels. Never saw that in a cartoon this kind.

Hayao Miyazaki Hayao Miyazaki

Miyazaki should definitely see this.

The Ultimate Test The Ultimate Test

Took me a bit but i finally got it!

Condescending Mirage Condescending Mirage

I'm glad to say my younger self would be partially proud of me. I never wavered with what I want to do in life(entertain people via various means) but would be disappointed that I didn't work harder, which is something I'm remedying! My younger self might be proud that I finally got back into art as well, which is essentially what made me realize I want to entertain people.

Who you gonna call? Who you gonna call?

Great job of course, even though I don't get many of the references since I don't know about the toys much. All I get are the super obvious ones, such as who the characters are. Also, no NG Tank? :P

deathink responds:

Haha, I usually only put the tank in illustrations.